When a criminal assault occurs, the Victim is on the scene long before the Police – You are your own First Responder. At no time do we advocate the use of force against another unless that use of force is reasonably necessary and legally justified. But when the use of force against another person is reasonably necessary and legally justified, that use of force must be effective. Against a serious and motivated attack the most effective option is not to defend, but to take out the threat. The purpose of the Hardened Target Program is to:
- Help people to recognize and believe in the difference between “the Right to Defend Yourself” and “the Responsibility to do so.”
- Understand the basic legal requirements regarding the lawful use of force in defending people and property, how to recognize and articulate “disparity of force, threat recognition and assessment, and reasonable force options.”
- Show people how to develop not just awareness – but determination.
- Teach people how to develop power through using basic body mechanics and movement.
- Introduce techniques that are effective: Easily learned and retained by the average person, easily performed under conditions of high stress and in different environments, with a high and proven success rate.
- Provide an instructional template that leads people to develop strong techniques, combinations that make use of natural movement, able to perform these combinations in the air – on pads and on padded people, stationary – moving and under increasing pressure – to “program in” an emotional response, until the person is able to disregard planned combinations and just hit with physical and emotional intensity from different positions and angles with one purpose – to stop the threat.
- Be able to articulate their actions – “debrief” afterward